Winter is coming, and for many of us outdoor enthusiasts, this means ski season! Fortunately, California is home to many fantastic ski spots. If you are looking to hit the slopes this season, you need to be ready -- both you and your vehicle. Here are the top five ways to prepare for ski season:
- Make sure you have chains at the ready, especially if you are traveling on icy terrain. Additionally, old or worn out tires need to be replaced before you head out to the snow for optimal safety.
- Test out your heat and defrosting system to make sure they are ready to rock and roll. You don’t want to find yourself chipping off any ice off your window in those chilly mornings.
- Think about roof storage. Roof storage makes sense, if you are bringing quite a few snowboards and skis. Even if you have an SUV, you might want to extra room for your passengers.
- Don’t destroy your car’s mats with melting snow, salt, and grimy slush. Invest in some floor liners to protect your vehicle’s mats.
- Pack an emergency kit that includes lights, nonperishable snacks, and a warm blanket. It is always better to be safe than sorry.
- Most importantly, bring your vehicle to our shop for an inspection. We will make sure your car is performing in tip-top shape and ready to handle whatever you may encounter on your ski adventure!
Schedule an appointment online or give us a call, and we will make sure your vehicle is ready for ski season. Placentia Super Service is conveniently located at 643 S. Melrose Street, Placentia, CA 92870.