We can’t believe Thanksgiving is almost here! It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the Fourth of July. Even though the holidays might look a little different this year, the team at Placentia Super Service still wants you to be prepared if you are planning a holiday road trip. We want to make sure your vehicle is up for the task, wherever you are planning to go this Thanksgiving.
In the wake of COVID-19, you might be planning to stay home this holiday. Even so, your vehicle needs to be ready for the drop in temperatures expected to occur during the holiday season. Going through these services, our team will make sure your vehicle is prepared for whatever is in store this Thanksgiving and upcoming holiday season:
- During colder temperatures, your car battery will take up more energy and will have to work that much harder. Your battery is more vulnerable to dying as the temperatures begin to change, and we make the transition from fall to winter. Our technicians will make sure your battery is and will continue to perform in tip-top shape.
- Before you embark on any journey, it is essential to make sure your tires are at the proper pressure level. Your tires make sure your vehicle stays on the road, which is necessary regardless of where you are going.
- As we change from summer to fall and fall to winter, the temperatures will start to change. The consistency of your engine oil also begins to change, as the colder weather causes your oil to thicken. Our technicians will carefully examine your engine oil to make sure it is ready to withstand a more extended road trip or the colder weather.
- It is critical for a qualified technician to inspect your vehicle’s cooling system. Rubber parts are already fragile, but colder weather conditions make them much more susceptible to becoming brittle and breaking, especially if you have a Thanksgiving road trip in store. Our technicians will make sure your cooling system is in tip-top shape.
- Individual components of your vehicle are your first line of defense against the elements, such as your windshield wipers and lights. Both your windshield wipers and lights significantly affect your ability to see other drivers, along with other drivers being able to see you. If you are planning a Thanksgiving road trip, your visibility on the road is of utmost importance.
- Wheels that aren’t aligned will drag, instead of rolling freely. Misaligned wheels can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 10%, which equals approximately 31 cents per gallon. Tires also wear out much faster. On a Thanksgiving road trip, you need optimal fuel efficiency and performance. We have recently installed a Hunter Hawkeye Elite aligner with an L451L-18k alignment rack, which allows us to align any vehicle up to a 211” wheelbase, and up to 9’10’ wide. Our Hunter-Certified alignment technicians are ready and willing to make sure your cars are properly aligned.
Together, we can make sure your vehicle is ready for winter and any upcoming Thanksgiving road trips. We don’t want you to have to worry about your vehicle during your holiday season. Schedule an appointment online. Placentia Super Service is conveniently located at 643 S. Melrose Street, Placentia, CA 92870.